The University of Melbourne is developing Australia’s leading innovation precinct on the former site of the Royal Women’s Hospital, located on the corner of Swanston and Grattan Streets.
Industry, researchers, government and the community will co-locate within the new precinct and collaborate to develop innovative solutions to major societal challenges.
The precinct will provide an environment where great minds from different disciplines collide to turn big ideas into pioneering products or services, particularly in relation to changing technologies, sustainability and resilience.
An ecosystem-based approach to innovation
Inspired by global examples such as MIT’s Kendall Square Initiative and Imperial College London’s White City Campus, the precinct will have the tools, platforms and services to facilitate a thriving and vibrant ecosystem that will enhance Australia’s productivity and sustainability.
The University is committed to:
- Driving multidisciplinary partnerships between research, industry, government, entrepreneurs and the social sector
- Attracting world-class talent
- A community committed to sharing knowledge and exploring new terrains
- Breaking down the barriers between disciplines, sectors and geographies
- Programming diverse activities designed to drive collaboration