It’s a blind date that will open your eyes.
Date and time: Friday 5 May, 5.30pm-8pm
Venue: LAB-14, 700 Swanston St, Carlton
Meet our panel of leaders to discuss everyone’s greatest fear: failure.
Learn how industry and community leaders have faced failure and turned it around into one of their greatest triumphs. With the bar open from 5.30pm onwards, this is a chance to laugh at failure and see it in a whole new light.
Our “Fail-stars” include:
- Sally Arnold – author and Founder, Creating Encores
- Rachel Audige – Innovative Thinking Facilitator and Founder, Systemic Inventive Thinking Australia
- Greg Barns – barrister, writer, company director, Salamanca Chambers Hobart; Gorman Chambers Melbourne
- Jessica Christiansen Franks – Co-founder and CEO, Neighbourlytics
- Charlie Day – CEO, Innovation and Science Australia
- Susan De Weger – Founder and Associate Lecturer, Notable Ventures, IgniteLAB, Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
- Rose Hiscock – Director, Science Gallery Melbourne
- Susan Just – Principal, Lauriston Girls’ School
- Chris Kommatas – Innovation Manager and Program Director, Melbourne Health Accelerator, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Brendan Lacota – Councillor, Law Institute of Victoria
- Martine Letts – CEO, Committee for Melbourne
- David Mast – Asia Pacific Offering Manager, IBM Bluemix
- Maggie Mee – Digital Strategy and Business Investment Director, Connect Invest Global (UK)
- Jo Mikleus – business leader and non-executive director
- Glibert Rochecouste – Managing Director and Founder, Village Well
- Jacyl Shaw – Director, Engagement, Carlton Connect Initiative, University of Melbourne
- Tony Simmons – Founder and CEO, Mktplace Ventures
- Kishan Thurairasa – Co-founder and former CEO, Jobbop
- Jackie Watts – Councillor, City of Melbourne
- Li Xia – Managing Director, Nebula Health
This event is part of Melbourne Knowledge Week 1-7 May 2017 proudly presented by the City of Melbourne.